Friday, August 22, 2008

Clint's 6th bday Party





My baby turns 6 :( Can't believe it all has gone by so fast!!! This year Clint said he didn't want a party with all the "napkins & junk" as he put it! LOL! He clarified and said he didn't need balloons, decorations, etc. So we kinda went theme-less. And after having Gavin's 1st birthday in May and Sandy's 3rd party right behind Gavin's, I was relieved when he said he didn't want a theme! Whew! He was happy with mom's homemade round cake... Sprinkles rock! A clear reminder that it is not about the money involved or the fancy stuff, but the simple things in life are what really pleases us. So we kept things s low key as possible. He invited a handful of friends and then throw in 5 cousins and grandparents, Aunts Uncles, etc... well it gets pretty full fast!

We had pizza... Clint wanted chocolate cake. Sandy helped make it and did the sprinkles. Clint wanted puch-ups instead of typical ice cream, so I splurged on it as I wouldn't normally buy it. I must say the push ups were the hit of the party. All the kids enjoyed them and some didn't even want any cake.

Clint picked 2 of his best friends Logan and Jaxson to spend the night. this was the first time we did anything like this so after everyone left the boys set up camp upstairs... GAME TIME!

They stayed up until around 11pm I think, heck I don't know i was pooped and went to sleep, Daddy had duty that night! He eventually told the boys it was bed time and they passed out within 5 minutes!

It was a great party. It won't be too much longer that we will get to have a party for him... I'm sure in a few more years it won't be cool anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile :)