Sunday, January 8, 2012

Menu Plan Monday, My Weeks Worth!

I generally make my menu for a month at a time.  I do my grocery shopping by the month also....  I usually shop between the 10th and 15th of each month... I know I am weird LOL... It works for my family of 5 though!  I try to limit eating out to once a week... Usually this is on Sunday after church.  I stock freezer, pantry and produce/dairy all in my monthly trip.  Then usually 2 weeks later I stock milk/produce again... and dire necessities that can't wait for the next monthly trip.   I love to bake breads of all sorts.... and usually bake it 3-4x's per week in some manner :) More on my shopping habits later though LOL.

Monday - Sausage, Field Peas, Cheesy Potato Soup, Homemade Yeast Rolls
Tuesday - Spaghetti, homemade French Bread
Wednesday - Church
Thursday - Stew
Friday- Hamburgers, french fries
Saturday - Cheesy BBQ Chicken w/ Bacon, Broccoli, rice
Sunday - Dinner: Fettuccine Alfredo w/ chicken, homemade garlic bread

Here is a fun little dessert to make with the kids too: 

Cake Batter Waffle Sundaes


A little behind my methods of Meal planning....
With 3 kids, 2 of which are in school (1st and 4th grade) I try to keep school nights simple and quick because our nights are usually hectically filled with homework, baths, showers, bedtime... Well, it can get crazy without a plan!  One thing I found that helped me from getting overwhelmed when I began menu planning was assigning "spaghetti night"... For a while it was every Monday... then I got all crazy and switched it to Tuesdays :)  Sometimes I do spaghetti with meatballs, sometimes it is spaghetti with meat sauce, sometimes it is spaghetti with marinara sauce :)  I also try to do something in the crockpot once a week, and rotate chicken, beef, etc etc.  And if I am not in the mood for something I will switch up the day that I make it... point is, I have a plan and have the ingredients to make everything.  This saves me time, money, and stress!

Do you meal plan?  If not I encourage you to do so... Really does take the stress of "what's for dinner?" out of my day!


For more Menu Planning Ideas:







Photobucket
sol mpm button




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up in my Menu Plan link up last week! Your first post looks great!!! Oh and tasty, too! I've been menu planning for years and last week was my first time to actually blog my menu.

    I have the new one posted so stop on in :) I"m following you blog via GFC and Faceook, too :) Here is the link http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/01/menu-planning-monday-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, that dessert looks gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple dinners during the week are key for me as well.

    Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your meal planning tips on our simple dinner idea meme! http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/01/simple-dinner-ideas-setting-up-your-menu-plan-dinnerideas/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cake batter waffles look unbelievable! Yum :)

    Welcome to MPM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look delicious!!! I'm having a linky party, and would love it if you joined! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ketozol Diet is a natural dietary supplement that’s geared towards helping us with weight loss. When taken on a regular basis, it could potentially boost our metabolism and help us achieve the state of ketosis more quickly. This means that we won’t be subjected to the negative initial effects of the keto diet quite as much.

    Ketozol Review

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile :)