Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Easy Waffle Recipe

First off, I LOVE my waffle maker!  It is made by GE and makes 4 square waffles at once.  With a family of 5 this was a must for me.  This recipe makes 12 and feeds us plus a few leftover.  I always flash freeze the leftover ones and then place in a freezer bag.  Then they can get popped in the toaster for a quick breakfast, snack or breakfast sand which base :-)

This recipe came with my waffle maker and is awesome just as is.  Now sometimes I like to add blueberries, or diced apples and cinnamon or a dash of vanilla.  But 95% of the time I use this basic recipe.

2 Cups flour
2 TBS sugar
1 TBS Baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 Cups milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

First mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add milk, oil, and eggs and whisk until just blended.  For my waffle maker I use 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour into each waffle square and it is perfect.

These are WAY better than any frozen store bought waffles, without any preservatives and so easy to whip up a batch.

If you want to stock your freezer you can make a few batches at once.  To flash freeze lay them flat on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Stick in the freezer until hardened.  (about an hour or 2) then transfer to a gallon size freezer bag.  I think I can fit 8 in each... maybe a few more.  I do also reuse my freezer bags if no meat was in them


1 comment:

  1. I think, you will find the correct decision.I was searching online for some SPARTAGEN XT info since yesterday night and I at long last found what i was looking
    for! This is a excellent web site by the way, however it appears a little difficult to read in my i http://www.webheathcare.com/spartagen-xt-

    scam/




    phone.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile :)