- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 3 to 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 4 TBS butter
- 5 cups beef broth (I use water and beef base)
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (Velveeta is good too)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, melt 1 TBS butter over medium heat: cook and stir vegetables and beef , until beef is brown, drain grease.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour. Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil.