Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bread Machine YUMMY White Bread

1 cup  warm water
2 TBS sugar
2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
1/4 cup veg oil
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp salt

Add water, sugar, and yeast.  Allow to proof 10 minutes until foamy.  Then add oil, flour, and salt.  Select your basic setting and press start!  Mine takes about 3 hours from start to finish.  Many times I will set after lunch and run errands.  By the time the kids are home from school it is near the end of it's cooking and we have fresh bread with our dinner!

I like to add 2 tsp of garlic, & 2 tsp parsley for an Italian Bread to serve with pasta's

By the way, I was one of those people who thought a bread machine was a complete waste of money and space...  HA! Thanks to my in-laws for picking up extra's at yard sales and giving me one!  I am so hooked now! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our blog today! I'm checking things out here. This is the same recipe we use for white bread, and we LOVE it! I actually just mix it in the bread maker on the dough setting. I don't even proof the yeast. Then, I pull it out and let it rise for about another hour in two small bread pans before cooking it. It is SOOO yummy! I've even done it with half whole wheat flour and think it tastes fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried using any wheat flour, but really should. Do they make a "bread machine whole wheat" or is it just a regular wheat flour? I am in a small town with slim pickin's LOL In fact my store only carries one brand of bread flour... and many times I am grabbing the only bag!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile :)