Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Italian French Bread Machine

2 ¼ tsp yeast, active dry
7/8 cups warm water
1 TBS Brown Sugar
4 Cups flour

1½ tsp salt
1 TBS Olive Oil 

cornmeal to sprinkle on baking sheet

Put ingredients in Bread Machine.  I do mine in the order listed... You may refer to your bread machine for what they recommend as well..  Select "Dough" cycle and start.  My dough cycle is about 1 hour 30 minutes.

After the dough is done... punch down on a lightly floured surface.  Cut in half and form 2 loaves... Shape about 18 inches long... I like to twist mine then lay on my baking stone that is sprinkled with cornmeal.  Cover with a damp towel and let rise 45 min-1 hour or until doubled.


Preheat oven 375 degrees.


You may do an egg wash here... I never do but if you want a shiny look go for it :) Mix egg white with a little water and brush on.  You can also make "slits" in the loaves if you like... I don't bother with it either... Call me a lazy bread maker!

Place in oven.
Bake about 30-35 minutes until golden brown and loaves sound hollow when you tap them.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile :)