2 tbs butter
1 whole onions chopped
1 whole garlic cloves (I use minced in the jar)
½ cup butter
1 lb. broccolli washed, cut (Or use frozen)
½ cup flour
1 qt. half & half
1 qt. chicken stock (or use chicken Base)
2 salt and pepper, to taste grated
¼ tsp nutmeg
8 oz. cheddar cheese
2 whole carrots shredded
This soup serves 6 and can be easily doubled. It is unbelievably delicious!!
time to make 55 min 25 min prep
1. Saute onion in butter. When onions are golden, stir in garlic and cook for 3 more minutes. Set aside.
2. In another pan melt the 1/2 cup of butter and stir the butter and flour (make a roux) using a whisk over med. heat for 3-5
minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half. Add the chicken stock whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat till veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
4. Pour in batches into blender and puree.
5. Return to pot and add the grated cheese and stir till well blended.
6. Put on low heat and stir the nutmeg.
Serve with cheese on top.... Freezes wonderfully!