Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shrimp Scampi

2 tbs olive oil
1 stick butter or margarine
1 whole green bell pepper chopped
1 whole onions chopped
salt & pepper to taste
2 tbs garlic minced
Italian seasoning to taste
1 lb. shrimp (frozen is what I use)
1 jar diced tomatoes I use a large jar (maybe 25-30 oz)
splash of wine (i use whatever I have on hand white or red)
pasta (thin spaghetti or angel hair is preferred)


Ben's Favorite! (and very easy)
I don't eat seafood so I usually do a seperate butter sauce for me :)

heat olive oil, saute minced garlic, onions, peppers. add 1 stick of butter... Add salt, pepper and italian seasonings. stirring here and there. Add 1 jar of diced tomatoes with juices (you can use italian blend or plain)... You can also use fresh if you have them. continue cooking until peppers and onions are tender. If I have wine on hand I add a bit to the mixture while cooking too. (red or white). At the end add shrimp (tails removed) saute tossing a few minutes until cooked. (I usually buy frozen shrimp for convenience but fresh is good too!)

could also be made with chicken instead of shrimp.

serve over angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti :)
add a salad, garlic bread and red wine for the perfect meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile :)