Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fluffy Southern Biscuits



2 cups flour
1 tsp salt 3 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup oil 2/3 cups milk

bake at 450º 12-15 minutes until browned...
mix ingredients.... turn to floured surface... knead a few times and flatten to about 1/2" thick... cut with biscuit cutter. Makes 8 good size biscuits

If you would like to stock your freezer these freeze great.  I like to do 4 batches at once to stock my freezer! I like a cookie sheet with wax paper and place UNCOOKED biscuits on the tray... then freeze.... after about an hour or so once they are frozen solid I transfer to a ziploc freezer bag.  This keeps them from sticking together and you can then pull out a few at a time and always have freshly baked biscuits without the big ole mess each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile :)